AQE can supply, install and maintain a variety of E.V. charge points to suit your individual requirements.
We offer Smart and Basic charge points, tethered and untethered, 3.6KW, 7KW & 22KW 3 phase versions.
What does all this mean?
Smart Charge Point
In addition to fast and reliable charging Smart chargers also have the following benefits.
Charge activity monitoring
- Oversee your car charging costs and track every kWh used.
- Export itemised reports that can form part of your vehicle/house budgeting.
- Learn when it’s cheapest to charge on your energy tariff.
Auto Power Balancing to safely manage electrical load.
- Keeps your car charging without disruption to your home.
- Makes it possible to install 7kW charging point on almost any electrical supply.
- Lets you run all your home appliances as desired (including extra home charging stations for other vehicles).
Over-the-air software updates
- Unlock new features for your charge point in the future without changing the physical unit.
- Enable remote customer service and diagnostics.
- Get the latest software version for optimal performance.
This is the most common type of charger installed today as they comply with the requirements of the Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme – allowing access to the government grant – more details below.
Basic Charge Point
Basic chargers offer fast and reliable charging without the additional monitoring and control of Smart chargers.
They do not comply with the requirements of the Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme – not allowing access to the government grant – more details below.
They are however a cheaper alternative if the grant is not available for your installation.
Details of the requirements for the government grant can also be found below.
Tethered charge points have a fixed lead allowing a more convenient charge experience.
The cable usually wraps around the unit for storage.
The leads come as standard 4.8 metre in length, other lengths are available.
Non Tethered or universal charge points are a more flexible option, perfect if you have cars with different connector types or are looking to future-proof your home for the next electric vehicle.
3KW, 7KW, 22KW – What does that mean?
3KW, 1.6 x faster than a 3 pin plug – 15 miles of range per hour of charge
Suitable if you have a limited electricity supply.
7KW, 3 x faster than a 3 pin plug – 30 miles of range per hour of charge
Suitable for most home charge situations
22KW – 3 Phase, 10 x faster than a 3 pin plug – 90 miles of range per hour of charge
Suitable if you have a 3 phase supply to your home.
All of the options above can be discussed with Alec and the team to find the E.V. charge point to suit your individual requirements.
Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme (EVHS)
The EVHS, or Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, is a grant provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), aimed at offering an additional incentive to UK EV drivers. … You can claim one homecharge unit per eligible electric or plug-in vehicle, and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
To qualify for the OLEV Grant you must abide by the below criteria
- You need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards
- You must have off-street parking
- You must use an OLEV-approved home charge point installer
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle
- Individuals who are assigned a company car for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016.
- Individuals who lease an eligible vehicle for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016;
- Individuals who have leased the vehicle as part of a salary-sacrifice scheme from 1 October 2016 onwards.
- Individuals who are named by their employer as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016
More information can be found on the government website