Non Tethered or universal charge points are a more flexible option, perfect if you have cars with different connector types or are looking to future-proof your home for the next electric vehicle.
Our standard installation package for charge points covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a Charge Point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the Charge Point.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm thick, if this is needed.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Charge Point.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The Charge Point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height between 0.75m – 1.2m high.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
Additional work that may be required – this would be highlighted in the survey and quoted for appropriately
- The standard package does not include fixing of the cable above 2m high, trenching the cable underground or suspending it above ground.
- Installation of a Type A RCD in an enclosure.
- Some installations require an earth rod to be installed. Although we prefer to install charge points that do not require them.